Gas Safe Register has replaced CORGI in Great Britain and the Isle of Man. The register exists to protect you, Your family and your property from dangerous gas work.

By law, anyone carrying out work on gas installations and appliances in your home must be on the Gas Safe Register. Be gas safe – always use a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Why do I need to use a Gas Safe registered engineer?

It’s all about safety. If someone other than a Gas Safe registered engineer does the gas work in your home, you could be risking the safety of your family and your property. Incorrectly fitted, badly repaired or poorly maintained gas appliances are a major cause of carbon monoxide poisoning. They can also lead to gas leaks and explosions.

How do I make sure that my engineer is qualified to do the work?

Engineers have a range of qualifications that allow them to carry out specific types of gas work. It’s important to check what work they are qualified to do before you employ them. You can find this information on the back of your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Gas Safe registered engineers are professionals and will be happy to show their ID card to you. You can also make sure that your engineer is qualified to work on your appliance by using our Check an engineer service, available 24 hours a day.